Re: [ptp-user] removing old? perspectives

Hmmm, good question, because some of them were renamed so the old ones I suppose now look different.
Did you *un*-install the old version of PTP?
Help>Install New Software ... the resulting dialog has a link at the bottom for "What is already installed" and you can uninstall things from that dialog.
You might also restart eclipse with the " -clean " parameter
If you still have problems, then... In particular, what was the previous version of PTP and the new one?

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Randy Heiland ---02/01/2010 11:11:12 AM---A somewhat off-topic question... I've uninstalled old/instaRandy Heiland ---02/01/2010 11:11:12 AM---A somewhat off-topic question... I've uninstalled old/installed newer versions of PTP and now when I

Randy Heiland <heiland@xxxxxxxxxxx>

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

02/01/2010 11:11 AM

[ptp-user] removing old? perspectives

Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

A somewhat off-topic question... I've uninstalled old/installed newer versions of PTP and now when I Open Perspective -> Other, I see old (I guess) perspectives, in brackets, e.g.:  <PTP Debug>, <PTP Runtime>, <C/C++>.  I also have unbracketed/current versions of these:  Parallel Debug, Parallel Runtime, C/C++.  How do I remove the bracketed perspectives from my list?

ptp-user mailing list
ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx