[ptp-user] Including the XML PTP/ETFw file in a plugin

Hi,

I am trying to create a plugin and I have some curious behavior, may be you
can point me to something I am making wrong. My exact manifest is this:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: Ptp
Bundle-SymbolicName: com.bsc.tools.ptp;singleton:=true
Bundle-Version: 1.0.0.qualifier
Bundle-Activator: com.bsc.tools.ptp.Activator
Bundle-Vendor: BSC
Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.core.runtime,
 org.eclipse.ptp.perf,
 org.eclipse.ptp.perf.toolopts
Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment: JavaSE-1.6

My plugin.xml file is this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?eclipse version="3.4"?>
<plugin>
   <extension
         point="org.eclipse.ptp.perf.workflows">
         <workflowDefinitionXML XMLFile="data/toolxml/cepbatools.xml">
         </workflowDefinitionXML>
   </extension>
</plugin>

When I install the plugin in a fresh Eclipse + PTP when I am going to Window-
>Preferences->Performance Tools the UI does'nt shows nothing and in the
console is shown this message:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.Activator.getURLConverter(Activator.java:313)
        at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.FileLocator.toFileURL(FileLocator.java:205)
        at
org.eclipse.ptp.perf.Activator.getInternalXMLWorkflows(Activator.java:233)
        at org.eclipse.ptp.perf.Activator.refreshTools(Activator.java:254)
        at org.eclipse.ptp.perf.Activator.start(Activator.java:462)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:782)
        at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:773)

The curious thing is that it does'nt happens when I have the
org.eclipse.ptp.perf, org.eclipse.ptp.perf.parallel,
org.eclipse.ptp.perf.toolopts taken from the CVS in the Project Browser, and I
am executing as an Eclipse application the new plugin.

Any idea about my mistake, or some suggestion?

Thanks & Regards.
Xavi.

Back to the top