Re: [ptp-user] newbie on (single) laptop

Randy,

You don't need to install RDT. That is only required if you want to host your project (i.e. the source code) on a remote machine.

You don't need the SDM debugger to just run your application, however the launch configuration currently requires an executable before it will let you run the application. You can pick anything as long as it's an executable (e.g. /bin/ls). Instructions for building the SDM are in the release notes in case you actually want to use it.

You won't see anything in the machines view until you actually run the application (by clicking the run button on the launch configuration) and you can't do that while it's reporting an error. The above should get you going though.

Regards,
Greg