RE: [ptp-user] newbie on (single) laptop

Hi Randy,

Good to see you try PTP -

I'll get a start on answering your questions -

First, you'll need to install RDT (for unix, I believe for your OSX laptop).  I think you have the right version of OpenMPI, also, the build you chose for PTP is also good (the sept 25 and 26 have some issues, I'd also stick with the RDT build corresponding to the 8/29 PTP build).  You will need to configure PTP to attach to a process running on a port for RDT - the way this works is to startup RDT, and then tell PTP to connect to it - (I think this is done in the RSE perspective).

You will also need to configure SDM in your configure panel, as you surmised, to get your run configuration to work.  SDM (scalable debug manager) layers on top of gdb; you will need to copy out the directories from the eclipse install directory and follow the instructions on building the appropriate pieces (SDM is one of them).

I hope that helps; let me know if you need more specific help (I'm going from memory at the moment, I can pull out more details if you need)…

Jay