[ptp-user] SDM seems unable to start GDB

Hi,

I have encountered a problem when trying to debug an openmpi program (eclipse
3.4.2 with newest PTP version from the update site and openmpi 1.3.1). Running
it through eclipse with the openmpi 1.3 resource manager works, but running it
in the debugger doesn't (eclipse waits indefinitely until I stop the resource
manager or kill the SDM instances). The problem seems to be that although SDM
instances are running, they do not start GDB instances. I tried both /usr/bin
and /usr/bin/gdb for the debugger backend path (should it be only the path or
the path and executable?). But maybe there is another problem, because after I
kill all the SDM's, I get the following error message:
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Failed to parse output of Open MPI
command. Check output for errors.
	at
org.eclipse.ptp.rm.mpi.openmpi.core.OpenMPIPlugin.coreErrorException(OpenMPIPlugin.java:89)
	at
org.eclipse.ptp.rm.mpi.openmpi.core.rtsystem.OpenMPIRuntimeSystemJob.doExecutionStarted(OpenMPIRuntimeSystemJob.java:333)
	at
org.eclipse.ptp.rm.core.rtsystem.AbstractToolRuntimeSystemJob.run(AbstractToolRuntimeSystemJob.java:207)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unknown XML element: noderesolve
	at
org.eclipse.ptp.rm.mpi.openmpi.core.rtsystem.OpenMPIProcessMapXml13Parser.parse(OpenMPIProcessMapXml13Parser.java:550)
	at
org.eclipse.ptp.rm.mpi.openmpi.core.rtsystem.OpenMPIRuntimeSystemJob$3.run(OpenMPIRuntimeSystemJob.java:216)

Regards

Christoph

Back to the top