Re: [ptp-user] Feasability questions from a would-be user

Hi Michel,

Unfortunately PTP currently doesn't support multi-hop ssh connections, however we have plans to support this in a future version (possibly 3.0).

I'm not familiar with the SGE batch system, but it is not supported by PTP either. Are your applications using MPI? If you have Open MPI or MPICH2 installed then you could run the application by manually requesting an interactive partition from the batch system, then starting a PTP resource manager.

Alternatively, you simplest option might be to develop/debug the application locally as you suggest.

The "Getting Started" link on http://eclipse.org/ptp will give you some information on getting PTP set up. Also the tutorial material (http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/tutorials ) goes into configuring in more detail.

Regards,
Greg