[ptp-user] Feasability questions from a would-be user

Hi,

I am a would be user of PTP.
I have got a personal computer (i7 920) on which Eclipse 3.4.2/CDT
5.02/Photran 4.0.5/ PTP 2.1.1 are installed and I want to use a cluster
with an older combination installed (compilers, processors and
scientific libraries are also not the same).
To log on the cluster, I must first log on an intermediate machine from
which I shall do another ssh to log on the cluster. Furthermore, I have
to execute my parallel jobs through a SGE batch queue system.
I would have liked to code and test on my PC with 4 processes, then
execute on the cluster and  possibly debug.
Do you think this is possible in the present setting or should I just
use PTP to test thing on my own machine ?
If first case, what should I begin to read to be able to run something
on the cluster ?

--
Sincerely yours,

Michel DEVEL