[ptp-user] Specifying remote include directories for remote build

I have a remote C project that I have created with my own makefiles. After
I created it, the source files show up as I expected. However, in the
xterm where I started the remote server/index process, I see a bunch of
messages from the indexer complaining about unresolved symbol names, such
as MPI_Comm (which is defined in /opt/ibmhpc/ppe.poe/include/mpi.h). If I
open a source file in the remote editor, highlight a MPI_Comm then right
click and select declarations, I get no matches. I think this is related
to the error messages frm the indexer.

I tried adding /opt/ibmhpc/ppe.poe/include to the remote include directory
list in the project properties but that doesn't seem to help. One thing
that I might be doing wrong is that the remote include path panel only
gives me choices for Assembler, GCC. G++ and UPC while I am using xlc.
When I created the project as a makefile project, I did not select a
toolchain, because of the problems I had a couple months ago with remote
project hangs, so I get whatever the default is.

Am I doing something wrong to cause the indexer to not find mpi.h?
Dave

Back to the top