[ptp-user] Setting environment variables in remote builds

I'm trying to build a small project using remote C++ build and I am having
trouble passing environment variables to the remote system prior to
invoking make. The Makefile depends on these environment variables being
set.

I opened the project properties dialog and added an environment variable
ENVVAR to the list in the C/C++ Build->Environment list where CWD and PWD
are already filled in. My Makefile looks like the following
all:
        echo "ENVVAR is: " ${ENVVAR}
        echo "CWD is: " ${CWD}

When I clean the project, the make runs, but the environment variables are
not set on the remote side.

Is this where I am supposed to set remote environment variables?

I also noticed that the pre-filled values for PWD and CWD had '\' in the
pathname, not '/', which I think is an effect or running Eclipse on a
Windows XP system. Is the intent to pick up the pathname separator from
the local system, where the user has to change it explicitly for a remote
build or to try to deduce that the remote system is a Unix/Linux (or Mac?)
and use '/'? I guess some care needs to be taken with replacing '\' with
'/' since the user may really want '\', but if Eclipse knew the remote
system was not Windows, it could use '/' as the path separator for the
pre-defined values.

Thanks
Dave

Back to the top