Re: [ptp-user] Running OpenMPI Remotely

Well I think this is a problem that can not reproduce easily. Today I
tried for 5 times, each time with the same installation procedure. Two
on my laptop, whose OS is a newly installed Windows XP, three on my
desktop Ubuntu which was installed about one year before. On my
laptop, two times results in a correct way; on my desktop Ubuntu, one
time succeeded, two times failed. And when I packed the final
achievement from my laptop to my desktop Windows XP, it failed again!
What is more, before I reinstall my laptop's OS, I tried several times
with the same procedure and almost failed everytime except just one
time which failed about a week later. And on the same Ubuntu system,
the probability that I succeed is much higher than on the desktop
Windows and on the laptop Windows.

Here is my installation procedure in detail:

My Eclipse is from here
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.4-200806172000/eclipse-SDK-3.4-win32.zip
Then I install the RSE("Remote System Explorer End-User Runtime" and
"RSE User Actions") from the Ganymede update site, "Remote Access and
Device Development" subdirectory.Then I try to connect to the remote
site with rdt server(http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/tools/ptp/builds/2.1.0/I.I200811031726/rdt-server-linux-1.0.tar)
and succeed.
Then I start to install the CDT
5.0.2(http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/builds/5.0.2/I.I200810310802/index.html),
for convenience I install all the files except the "Uncategorized"
subdirectory. Then I try to connect to the same remote server, I still
succeed.
Then I start to install the PTP
2.1.0(http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/tools/ptp/builds/2.1.0/I.I200811031726/ptp-master-2.1.0-I200811031726.zip).
I install the PTP and RDT in one time. Still I choose to install all
the files.

I am going to compare the files of the succeeded version and failed
version to see the difference and find the reason.

Is there any advice?

ps: If I use Remote Tools to set up the Resource Manager, what the
environment would be. I mean, in Genome or KDE, people said that the
environment such as LD_LIBRARY_PATH could be different from the
scenario and this is hard to fix. So I source the /etc/profile before
I start the rdt server. Actually there is such problem on my server
that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH can not be set in KDE. Today I tried to run
or debug my project with remote tools based resource manager, the
result showed "error while loading shared libraries: libmpi.so.0:
cannot open shared object file" which was supposed to be caused by the
reason that LD_LIBRARY_PATH was not set. It is strange that I did not
have the same question yesterday with the same server.

Regards
Zou Yuanbin

在 08-12-16,Greg Watson<g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 写道: