Re: [ptp-user] PTP using side-installed version of Java

I have never set CLASSPATH when invoking Eclipse on AIX, and it worked OK
for me.
Dave

Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/24/2008 06:00 PM
Please respond to
PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [ptp-user] PTP using side-installed version of Java

Just set PATH to point to java/bin or whatever in the 'preferred' 1.5 java
installation, to be ahead of java/bin in the 1.4 version

(Does anyone know if he needs to set CLASSPATH too?)

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts (859) 243-4981 (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

"Barna L. Bihari" ---11/24/2008 05:42:28 PM---Hello PTP gurus,

"Barna L. Bihari" <bihari1@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/24/2008 05:42 PM

Please respond to
PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx

cc

Subject

[ptp-user] PTP using side-installed version of Java

Hello PTP gurus,
I'm trying to install PTP v2.1 on AIX.  According to java -version, I
only have version 1.4.2 there.  I have two questions:

1.  Is the requirement of having Java v1.5 or higher a hard requirement
for PTP to work? (or maybe it works, but does not have all features, etc)
2.  I do also have Java v1.5.0 "side-installed" meaning it is not in the
main path.  Do I need to set any environmental variables or other
options when installing/running PTP to make sure it uses the right
version of Java?

Thanks,
Barna (ICON/IBM/LLNL)