Re: [ptp-user] Some problems

>I'm not sure if the MPI tools work with remote projects yet.
Beth, do the tools work with standard makefile projects yet? Is there any reason why they shouldn't work with remote projects?
No, Chris has said that some additional services have to be added to RDT for this to work, so I haven't tried yet.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts (859) 243-4981 (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Greg Watson ---11/12/2008 09:49:58 AM---Hi Zou Yuanbin See answers below.Greg Watson ---11/12/2008 09:49:58 AM---Hi Zou Yuanbin See answers below.

          Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          11/12/2008 09:48 AM

          Please respond to
          PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [ptp-user] Some problems

Hi Zou Yuanbin

See answers below.

On Nov 2, 2008, at 2:44 AM, Grandet wrote:
      ptp-user:
      I am a new user of PTP. This is a abusolutly great tool for developing parallel programmes.
      Since we suppose to provide this as a client IDE to researchers from department such as Physics to access our cluster, we are so interested in the rdt.
      Now, I have some problem in using this tool.

      1. If a user want to develop parallel programmes such as OpenMPI or MPICH2, what should the MPI include paths? As we think, the libs the user use should be on the remote cluster, which maybe different as libs on the client machine. And another excellent component: syntax tips, does this work in this scenario?How? As we all know MPI has different versions.

I'm not sure if the MPI tools work with remote projects yet. Beth, do the tools work with standard makefile projects yet? Is there any reason why they shouldn't work with remote projects?

      2. I notice that when we creat a new Resource Manager, and then we new a Proxy server location, we can find out that the system access the remote cluster via SSH(as default, and we suppose this is preferable). So what tools do we need to install on Windows client. Or in another word, what tool do we need to access the remote cluster?

The ssh client is built into Eclipse, so it should work on Windows as well as other operating systems.

      3. I have tested the linux version to access to another machine. I have created the Resource Manager correctly, but I just can not start the manager. I was using a MPICH2 on the remote system, and mpd was running, PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH was correct. So what do we need to do on the remote system to make sure that the PTP can access and start the resource manager?

Make sure you are using the correct version of MPICH2 (1.0.6p1) and that you have started the mpd program. Also, it's a good idea to check that you can run a test program from the command line before trying to start the resource manager.

Regards,

Greg

GIF image

GIF image