Re: [ptp-user] PTP Launcher FailswithJava.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

On Dec 20, 2007, at 8:06 PM, Kenneth Evans wrote:

Greg,

>> I'm not sure why you need to use --prefix at all? Did you specify a prefix when you ran configure on OpenMPI? That should set up everything correctly so you should just need to use mpirun.

I think that’s a different prefix.

I apparently need it to prefix the PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH on the remote host.

>> What other arguments do you need?

(--prefix is one ;-) In the link above, there are other command- line arguments to mpiexec, as there are with most other implementations. In the Eclipse Java launcher, for example, you have the option to enter JVM arguments _and_ program arguments.

Ok, so it looks like this prefix is to support a different install location on remote nodes. Unfortunately, PTP 1.1 does not support this. I'll add it to the PTP 2.0 TODO list. As a work around, have you tried setting PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then running mpiexec without --path?

>> Please try running the ptp_orte_proxy program manually and let me know what output you see. I suspect you have a LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem.

42 blacklab.aps.anl.gov:EVANS>source ~/bin/setOpenMPI
43 blacklab.aps.anl.gov:EVANS>echo $PATH
.:/clhome/EVANS/bin:/clhome/aps_tools/gcc-4.2/bin:/clhome/EVANS/ openmpi/bin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ X11R6/bin
44 blacklab.aps.anl.gov:EVANS>echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/clhome/aps_tools/gcc-4.2/lib:/clhome/aps_tools/gcc-4.2/lib64:/ clhome/EVANS/openmpi/lib 45 blacklab.aps.anl.gov:EVANS>/clhome/EVANS/eclipsePlugins/eclipse/ plugins/org.eclipse.ptp.linux.x86_64_1.1.0/bin/ptp_orte_proxy
proxy_svr_connect returned.

Here are a couple of things to try:

1. It looks like you're using PTP 1.1.0. There is a bug fix release (1.1.1) available from http://www.eclipse.org/ptp/downloads.php. I would recommend installing it just in case.

2. Click on the PTP preferences (from the main Eclipse preferences). Make sure the control and monitoring system choices are set to Open Runtime Environment (ORTE). Open the PTP preferences and click on Open RTE. Make sure the ORTE proxy service file path is /clhome/EVANS/ eclipsePlugins/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.ptp.linux.x86_64_1.1.0/bin/ ptp_orte_proxy. If you need to change any of these, quit out of Eclipse and restart.

If you still have problems, please send me all the console output again.

Greg

Back to the top