Re: [ptp-user] mpich viability?

Hi Justin,

MPICH2 is supported for application launching/monitoring in PTP 1.1. It's just debugging that is not supported. Also, there are a couple of caveats. The MPICH2 proxy uses undocumented interfaces in the mpd's, so you need to use the exact version of MPICH2 described on the installation page. Support for other versions will probably require changes to the proxy. Also, MPICH support has not been very thoroughly tested, so I expect there will be bugs.

I'm hoping there will be better MPICH support in PTP 2.0, but it will probably require someone to step up and do the work.

Regards,

Greg