Re: [ptp-user] building ptp perspective issues

Jonathan R Chu wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: Clement Kam Man Chu <clement.chu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, June 7, 2007 8:47 pm
Subject: Re: [ptp-user] building ptp perspective issues
To: PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Jonathan,

   You need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/openmpi/lib.

Is this because eclipse itself still needs to know specifically where the library files are to run the perspective?

PTP plugin is dynamically linked against the OpenMPI libraries, so it needs to be able to locate your OpenMPI libraries in order to run.

Clement
Clement

Jonathan R Chu wrote:
Hello,

I'm being trying to build PTP for two days now. I found some of
the errors and partial solutions here and would like to share what I have done, as well as ask for solutions since my build still doesn't work.
I'm using CentOS 5.

First, I installed Sun Java JRE5 since according to the specs,
PTP doesn't work with linux's Java.
I then installed openMPI with the following:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/openmpi --with-devel-headers
make
sudo make install

I opted to symlink the symlinks in /usr/local/openmpi in /usr/bin
instead of adding the folder to the path.
and then downoaded PTP/PLDT and put the corresponding files in
the plugins and features folders.
With just the command
./BUILD
I got errors about the C Compiler not being able to compile. This
can be traced down to missing libraries as told by the config.log:
./a.out: error while loading shared libraries: libmpi.so.0:
This is due to that fact that I installed OpenMPI in a non-
default location.
Other's have pointed out that they added the path to
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. But there is a better way to fix this.
Setting CFLAGS=-I/location/to/openmpi's/include and LDFLAGS="-
L/location/to/openmpi's/lib -Wl, -rpath,/location/to/openmpi's/lib"
So the final configure like is:
CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/openmpi/include LDFLAGS="-
L/usr/local/openmpi/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/openmpi/lib" sh BUILD
Having gotten this far, I still have an error:
Problem opening perspective 'org.eclipse.ptp.ui.PTPRunPerspective'
which tells me nothing about what's wrong. Where should I look now?

Looking Forward,
--
Hope is a dimension of the spirit. It is not outside us, but
within us.