Re: [ptp-user] building ptp perspective issues

Hi Jonathan,

   You need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/openmpi/lib.

Clement

Jonathan R Chu wrote:
Hello,

I'm being trying to build PTP for two days now. I found some of the errors and partial solutions here and would like to share what I have done, as well as ask for solutions since my build still doesn't work.

I'm using CentOS 5.

First, I installed Sun Java JRE5 since according to the specs, PTP doesn't work with linux's Java.

I then installed openMPI with the following:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/openmpi --with-devel-headers
make
sudo make install

I opted to symlink the symlinks in /usr/local/openmpi in /usr/bin instead of adding the folder to the path.

and then downoaded PTP/PLDT and put the corresponding files in the plugins and features folders.

With just the command
./BUILD
I got errors about the C Compiler not being able to compile. This can be traced down to missing libraries as told by the config.log:
./a.out: error while loading shared libraries: libmpi.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This is due to that fact that I installed OpenMPI in a non-default location.
Other's have pointed out that they added the path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH. But there is a better way to fix this.
Setting CFLAGS=-I/location/to/openmpi's/include and LDFLAGS="-L/location/to/openmpi's/lib -Wl, -rpath,/location/to/openmpi's/lib"

So the final configure like is:
CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/openmpi/include LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/openmpi/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/openmpi/lib" sh BUILD

Having gotten this far, I still have an error:
Problem opening perspective 'org.eclipse.ptp.ui.PTPRunPerspective'
which tells me nothing about what's wrong. Where should I look now?

Looking Forward,
--
Hope is a dimension of the spirit. It is not outside us, but within us.
When you lose it, you must seek it again within yourself