Re: [ptp-user] Debug in PTP

Hi Robert,

PTP 1.1 does not provide remote debugging. This is something we're hoping to add for the 2.0 release later this year.

However, there are enough hooks in 1.1 to run the debugger remotely, albeit with some manual steps.

1. Open Preferences, the go to PTP->Debug->SDM. Change 'SDM client host' to the hostname of the machine running Eclipse (your local machine).

2. Change 'Path to backend debugger' to the location of gdb on the remote nodes. If gdb is in your PATH on the nodes then skip this step.

3. Manually copy the application executable onto the remote nodes. If you're mounting your local directory on the nodes then skip this step.

4. Create a debug launch configuration. If the location of the executable in step (3) is different from the location on the local machine then go to the 'Debugger' tab and enter the information in 'Remote executable path'. The 'Remote working directory' is the working directory on the remote machine. If you entered an absolute path for the executable then this shouldn't matter (I think).

You should hopefully now be able to launch a debug session.

Regards,

Greg