[ptp-user] Debug in PTP

Hi,

I am new to PTP, so please let me know if this question has been already answered and where to find the information.

I have installed Eclipse and PTP on my notebook and on my workstation in the office. By modifying "/usr/local/etc/openmpi-default-hostfile", I am able to see both "nodes" in the PTP runtime perspective in Eclipse. I can launch an application with 4 MPI processes, two per node, and they run. I can see them in PTP Runtime perspective. Very good. :-)

Now I wanted to debug them. When I start them with the debugger, all I get is a dialog saying "Operation in progress... Connecting to proxy server...." Debugging does work when I run the process only on the local machine. But as soon as I include a remote machine, (by modifying the default-hostfile) debugging does no longer work.

Any help would be appreciated, I guess I can also supply more information if you let me know what to look for.

Regards,

Robert Henschel

Back to the top