[ptp-user] Testing remote services

Hi,

I am trying to test remote services, a la Greg Watson's email of Feb 13th:
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ptp-user/msg00040.html

I have two machines:
Powerbook (192.148.249.120)
Powermac (192.148.249.124)

These have pretty identical software installations :
OpenMPI v1.2, Eclipse SDK 3.2.2, CDT v3.1.2 (from eclipse software install), PTP Core v1.1 (the "sh BUILD" worked without a hitch) and PLDT v1.1.

And, they are all installed in the same places, so the path stuff ought to work.

Here is what I do:

Step 1:  On the powerbook, I set preferences
	PTP->Open RTE, set "Launch ORTE server manually"
	PTP->Debug->SDM, set "SDM client host" to 192.148.249.124

Step 2: On the powerbook, I restart eclipse. The MPI project (it is a hello world) comes up in the C perspective. I click on the PTP Runtime perspective and get the dialog box that says "Waiting for manual launch of ptp_orte_proxy on port 49204...

This is what shows up on the terminal (I start Eclipse from the command line to pick up some environment variables)
dhudak@supers-powerbook-g4-15 6%> devel/eclipse-ptp/eclipse/eclipse
In getResourceManagerFactories
retrieved factory: Simulation, org.eclipse.ptp.simulation.core.resourcemanager
leaving getResourceManagerFactories
Your Control System Choice: 'Open Runtime Environment (ORTE)'
Your Monitoring System Choice: 'Open Runtime Environment (ORTE)'
In retrieveConfigurationWizardPageFactories
wizard page factory: org.eclipse.ptp.simulation.ui.wizards.SimulationRMConfigurationWizardPag eFactory@ef8867 for class: class org.eclipse.ptp.rmsystem.SimulationResourceManagerFactory
leaving retrieveConfigurationWizardPageFactories
XXXXXXXXXXX refreshRuntimeSystems(false), isInitialized():false
XXXXXXXXXXX refreshRuntimeSystems calling initialize(), force:false, isInitialized():false
refreshRuntimeSystems
SHUTTING DOWN CONTROL/MONITORING/PROXY systems where appropriate
OMPIProxyRuntimeClient - firing up proxy, waiting for connecting. Please wait! This can take a minute . . . ORTE_SERVER path = '/Users/dhudak/devel/eclipse-ptp/eclipse/plugins/ org.eclipse.ptp.macosx.ppc/bin/ptp_orte_proxy'
sessionCreate(0,0)
bind(0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:0)
port=49204
accept thread starting...
Waiting on accept.
OMPIProxyRuntimeClient waiting on {201, 210}

Step 3:  On the powermac, I am in
/Users/dhudak/devel/eclipse-ptp/eclipse/plugins/ org.eclipse.ptp.macosx.ppc/bin
and run
dhudak@oscnet124 23%> ./ptp_orte_proxy --host=192.148.249.124 -- port=49204
and get
proxy_svr_connect returned.