[ptp-user] Managed Make C Project

Hi All,

I am interested in examining Eclipse PTP. I have a PowerMac quad G5 that I am using for my initial testing, running Mac OS X 10.4.9 and the latest Developer Tools release.

I installed OpenMPI v1.2 and I can run the examples provided. (Just trying to launch 4 threads, one on each processor.) I just did "./ configure --with-devel-headers", so OpenMPI was installed under /usr/ local

I installed Eclipse SDK 3.2.2, CDT v3.1.2 (from eclipse software install), PTP Core v1.1 (the "sh BUILD" worked without a hitch) and PLDT v1.1.

I am trying to create an MPI project, so I did the following:
In the preferences dialog, I set the MPI include path to /usr/local/ include (and mpi.h and friends are there) and left the MPI build command as mpicc

I do New->Project-> Managed C Make and I call it "mpihello"
Project type is set for Executable (MacOS X) and debug and release configurations are selected
No referenced C/C++ projects, so I did nothing.
MPI Project Settings: checked the "Add MPI project settings to this project" and "use default information"

When I click "finish", I get "Error Creating Project" with the reason as "Internal Error". The details are "java.lang.NullPointerException".

I am going to try to manually add the MPI information, but figured I would pass this on.

With kind regards,
Dave
---
David E. Hudak, Ph.D.