[ptp-user] Running parallel application with PTP.

Hi,

I am a new PTP user. First of all it new PTP (from March 14) doesn't
work with Eclipse 3.2.2.
When I install:
Eclipse 3.2.2, jdk 1.5.0_09, download CDT from the update site, copy
new PTP stuff to Eclipse directory - my Eclipse doesn't see PTP tools
e.g. I cannot see the PTP Runtime perspective, no icons for MPI or
OpenMP artifacts. This is on my Linux.

But this procedure works on 3.2.1. But on 3.2.1 I cannot run my
parallel applications. I get the error:

Exception occurred during launch:
Reason: Error within Debug UI:

In my terminal from which I launch my Eclipse I got some messages:

XXXXXXXXXXX refreshRuntimeSystems(false), isInitialized():true
XXXXXXXXXXXX   Waiting for Universe to Populate
MODEL MANAGER: newJob(10)

The parallel program is MPI Hello World. I use OpenMP. It runs fine
from terminal window and I can run it as an external tool from
Eclipse.

But I cannot run it as regular Eclipse program because of this message
window with the exception about DebugUI.

So could you help me please and instruct me how to run a parallel
application from Eclipse (not as an external tool).

Thank you
Magda

Back to the top