Re: [ptp-user] Windows Support

Kieran,

The ability of PTP to support Windows is a factor of the runtime support. Currently, we're targeting OpenMPI and MPICH2/MPD, both of which only support Unix/Linux. There are three options I see for adding Windows support: a) completing the port of OpenMPI to Windows (there has already been some work on this, but I don't know the status), b) implementing support for MPICH2 on Windows, or c) implementing support for the Windows clustering technology. LANL has no interest in Windows, so we have no plans to undertake any of these, but there is nothing stopping others from doing so. I'd be happy to help with any porting details.

A second factor is the debugger support.  Currently the debugger uses gdb to perform low-level debugging operations. If gdb is not suitable in a Windows environment, then some work would need to be done to support the Windows debugger.

The Parallel Language Development Tools (MPI and OpenMP static analysis) are architecture neutral, so already support Windows.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Greg