[ptp-user] Photran & PTP/PLTD

Hello,

I'm a young Doctor in Quantics, and I focused these days in debugging/optimizing
my phD project, which deals with a program coded in Fortran using MPI.

I first looked at Kdevelop, but it was not what I was searching...
And then, I found Photran and also this project :PTP.

After a lot of googling, I've tried to put them together but now I'm kind of stuck.

I'm currently on a Edgy Kubuntu (6.10), and using g95 with the last open MPI
(openmpi-1.2b3.tar.bz2, compiled with the --dev headers option)

First, I've installed the last Photran available (photran-3.1-beta2-full-linux.tgz).
Second, I've put org.eclipse.ptp-1.1.0-I200702030940.tar.gz and
org.eclipse.ptp.pldt-1.1.0-I200701082248.zip in my eclipse directory.

I succeeded in doing the "sh BUILD" step (even if I had to make some
symbolic links, as the configure search for liborte.so.0 and libopal.so.0,
whereas openMPI install libopen-pal.so.0 and libopen-rte.so.0 lib...)

my environment path are fine.

My problem is, when I launch Photran, everything works except that I
get an error when I try to open PTP Preferences :
"Unable to create the selected preference page.
Reason : Plug-in og.eclipse.ptp.ui was unable to load class
org.eclipse.ptp.ui.preferences.PTPPreferencesPage."

I got the same for the sdm debug Preferences page and (of course ?)
for the Orte prefs page, preventing me from doing anything related
to parallel work :/

Any clue would be very welcome, as I'm really looking after using these tools,
which sound really amazing !

Thanks for your reading/help.

Neil GOHAUD

Back to the top