Re: [ptp-user] PTP 1.1 I200701282100 build available

Hi Kris,

I found what the problem is. In you case, I think you imported the binary file into eclipse's workspace (Right?). If you launched to run this binary file, it is working fine. But it will cause an error you got if you launched this binary file at debug mode. Currently, ptp cannot support to debug a program without source file. In coming build, I will catch this error to prevent eclipse from freezing.

Regards,
Clement

Kris Davis wrote:
OS= Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (2.6.9-34.ELsmp)

gdb --version
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.3.0.0-1.96rh)
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu".

The app does run ok without debugging - I'm able to do the "run..." operation, see and query the process info ok in the PTP Run perspective.

Running the GDB debugger via mpirun seems to work fine:
i.e.: mpirun --prefix /home/krisd/local/openmpi -np 4 -d xterm -e /usr/bin/gdb bandwidth.rts

Upon starting a parallel debug session within eclipse - it decided it needed to rebuild I think - the C-build console says:
   make -k
   make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop"
I'm not sure why it thinks it needs to rebuild the image as it is up to date otherwise. Maybe that's a clue.

But - eclipse is hung - can't click - mouse Icon is mostly the "clock". The start up was set to break on "main".

The eclipse console up to the hang is attached as eclipse.console.log.

I tried again - looking for a reason why it would want to rebuild. Didn't see anything - but changed the current working directory in the debug panels from "default" to a "local dir" and explicitly changed to the dir where the binary resided. This time I received an error popup I've attached as "Fatal PTP err.jpg". The console log is attached as eclipse-2.console.log (includes a ctl-C to terminate eclipse).

I made a 3rd attempt after having run the "cleanupOmpi.sh". But, I still get the fatal PTP error popup.

On the 4th attempt - I changed the "arguments" setting for the current working directory back to the "default" and it returns to the eclipse hang - no error popup. It still seems to want to rebuild though.
Thanks much

Kris

Back to the top