Re: [ptp-dev] Problems setting target definition for PTP workspace

Greg
Thanks. I attached the patch to bug 540578. I created it as an Eclipse workspace patch and by selecting the containing plugin names when I created the package. Hopefully, I got the patch generated correctly.
Dave

Inactive hide details for Greg Watson ---10/31/2018 09:17:48 AM---Hi Dave, if you want to attach a patch to the bug, I’ll creaGreg Watson ---10/31/2018 09:17:48 AM---Hi Dave, if you want to attach a patch to the bug, I’ll create the gerrit change. Greg

From: Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/31/2018 09:17 AM
Subject: Re: [ptp-dev] Problems setting target definition for PTP workspace
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Dave, if you want to attach a patch to the bug, I’ll create the gerrit change.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 31, 2018, at 8:40 AM, David Wootton <dwootton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      Greg
      I didn't have anything in git preferences or repo properties. I found a web page that sais I should set user.name and user.email in git preferences so I did that and backed out my commit again. I restarted Eclipse and redid the commit. This time my correct email appeared in the git commit dialog and in the signed off field. When I ran the push to gerrit I got the same message with the same invalid email address.

      I think the email address is derived from my local machine IP address and my Windows 10 account name.

      Looking at the message again, I think I have a push to gerrit stuck somewhere because the IP address does not match my current IP address and the commit id is not the same as the commit id that shows up in the git reflog.

      Would it be simpler and more efficient for both of us if I was to just attach a patch to my bug report? The fix itself is pretty small, less than 100 lines including whitespace

      Dave

      <graycol.gif>Greg Watson ---10/30/2018 10:58:35 AM---Dave, Go to preferences>Team>Git>Configuration and see what email address is there. You can also che