Re: [ptp-dev] Connect to Amazon EC2 through proxy server

I think this would make a very useful FAQ, hint, hint:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/FAQ

Greg

On Jul 29, 2015, at 2:13 PM, Patterson, Taylor C. <pattersontc@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

John’s solution of putting all of my proxy parameters in the text field worked for me. To handle the .pem file, I used the SSH2 Preferences. In the General tab, add the .pem file to the Private keys text field.

Doug, do you still want me to file a bug?

Thanks for all of your help.

Taylor

On Jul 29, 2015, at 1:18 PM, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

It’s certainly not easy to do now. But we should be supporting as many arguments to ssh as we can, like the –i option. Could you raise a bug on that?

From: <ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of John Eblen <jeblen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 at 1:06 PM
To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ptp-dev] Connect to Amazon EC2 through proxy server

Hi Taylor

I have a similar connection, which differs from yours as follows:

1) port 22 in the "Port" textbox

2) "Local" rather than "Remote" for the command

3) has the entire proxy command in the last textbox:  (e.g. “corkscrew <proxy-hostname> 3128 %h %p”)

I don't need a .pem file, though, so am not sure how to handle that.

John