[ptp-dev] Connect to Amazon EC2 through proxy server

PTP developers,

I sent this to the ptp-user list earlier this week, but haven’t received a response yet. I thought I might have better luck on this list instead. Sorry for disrespecting this list’s purpose.

I am trying to use the PTP remote connection preference page to create a connection to an Amazon Web Services Elastic Cloud 2 (EC2) instance from Eclipse. SSH connections to EC2 instances require a .pem file for authentication. Additionally, I need to go through a proxy server to create off network connections. These requirements result in an ssh connection command of the form:

ssh -i <pem-filename>.pem -o ProxyCommand=“corkscrew <proxy-hostname> 3128 %h %p” ec2-user@xxxxxx.address

Has anyone done this previously or have any pointers on how I can accomplish this in PTP’s remote system tools?

Taylor

Back to the top