Re: [ptp-dev] GIT question - integrating a branch into master

Thanks Roland, I'll be attempting A.

On Oct 14, 2013, at 12:39 PM, Roland Schulz <roland@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

it depends on whether A) you would like to submit it as one commit (e.g. because your individual commits where just WIP steps not interesting to other than you) or B) whether you would like to commit it with the history of the individual commits.

A)
- Switch to the branch you want to submit it for (master/ptp_7_0): Team->Switch To
- Merge with squash: Team->Merge..., Select the branch and "Squash"

B)
- Team->Rebase, Select the branch

Using Team->Merge without Squash, keeps the history and creates a merge commit. That works, but makes a unnecessary completed history and thus is usually not recommended.

Roland