[ptp-dev] Parallel package debugger launching - without new feature org.eclipse.ptp.debug.sdm

Sure enough, without the missing feature, it defaults to looking in the default
place and complains accordingly.  I think this error message is clear to the user.
(I removed my .eclipsesettings on the remote target (trestles) before creating new sync project, building, running (torque.bath),
and attempting debugger launch (torque.interactive.openmpi)

Then I installed just the sdm feature from nightly builds (only checked that feature, but it appeared to install them all),
restarted eclipse

'use built-in' is still checked, and it still complains with exact same error dialog as above: Path 'usr/local/bin/sdm' not found.
(note the path text field is not disabled when the checkbox is checked.)
I even created a new launch config thinking this would reset it.
Same error.

Installed ptp nightly (full, everything) on top of this.
Same problem.

Has anyone tested that the sdm does get copied up (in a parallel package + PTP build) and used from .eclipsesettings?
(As opposed to testing launching from your development workbench) - I don't test debugger very often.

Later tonight I could test installing parallel package,and then immediately installing ptp-nightly without an intervening launch attempt,
if you think that would make any difference in logic, Greg.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

JPEG image

Back to the top