Re: [ptp-dev] Application tab behavior

That's actually what I was more or less thinking since the tab will get passed the latest launch configuration working copy when the "apply" event happens. It could check to see if it's values are still valid (e.g. path still exists). There is some risk a path would exist on both machines, but I think the tab checking it's values for validity is reasonable after receiving a new launch configuration copy and the risk of the path being valid is something worth living with.

Chris

On 05/28/2013 09:24 AM, Brian Watt wrote:

> ... A simpler tweak that might
> address some of the concern here is to make critical file/directory
> selection fields confirm the existence of their specified path when
> validating the launch configuration. So if a path doesn't exist on
> the remote system you get the red-x error at the top of the
> configuration and the launch will be unavailable until the path is corrected.

Good idea Wyatt, I like that.

Bri