[ptp-dev] Application tab behavior

This might be best discussed on a bug and maybe it's been discussed in the past, but what are your thoughts on what should happen to other launch tabs if a user changes the target system configuration and/or host in the launch configuration dialog? For example, should the application tab clear it's fields? I ran into an instance where I had a launch configuration that I was using locally and I changed the target configuration and host, which made the application tab invalid. But, since it didn't clear the tab, I was able to launch the job (and fail) since the application was pointing to the wrong directory. Because the application tab is dependent on the resources tab, I would expect it to be checking to see if something has changed that would force it to need to clear it's fields. I suspect the Performance Analysis tab has the same issue in the profile launch configuration where it should probably invalidate it's selections (and isn't) when a host/target config change which could cause runtime issues.

Should I open a bug on this or is this behavior the preferred?

Thanks,
Chris

Back to the top