Re: [ptp-dev] EPP warning: Linux Tools lttng feature no longer in Kepler M4

Jeff, I just now noticed this email...
Must have gotten lost in the flood of post-Christmas, this was sent on my first day of a long vacation

Galen, you are more familiar with the linux tools features we include in the parallel package.
I'll replace lttng with lttng2 which appears to be what cdt did (albeit in their package they include things differently from us)
do we want the kernel feature?

Thanks for the heads up Jeff

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Jeff Johnston ---12/19/2012 04:13:55 PM---Just to let you know that the original Linux Tools lttng feJeff Johnston ---12/19/2012 04:13:55 PM---Just to let you know that the original Linux Tools lttng feature is no  longer shipped as of our Kep

Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn@xxxxxxxxxx>

Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM@IBMUS,

12/19/2012 04:13 PM

EPP warning: Linux Tools lttng feature no longer in Kepler M4

Just to let you know that the original Linux Tools lttng feature is no
longer shipped as of our Kepler M4 offering.  The EPP parallel feature
currently includes this Linux Tools lttng feature.

Lttng has a lttng2 feature which is meant to replace the old lttng
feature.  I do not know if the EPP build will find the old lttng feature
from previous milestone releases or whether the build will fail.  There
is also a new lttng2.kernel feature which you may or may not wish to add.

If the Kepler EPP build fails, you at least will know why.

Regards,

-- Jeff J.

GIF image

GIF image