[ptp-dev] Parallel Package contains part of JDT

Chris Navarro noticed today that the PTP Parallel Package contains some pieces of JDT, but not all of it. For example, you can create a Java project and switch to the Java perspective, but there is no Java compiler and lots of things are broken when you try to edit a Java file.

As best I can tell, the problem is that org.eclipse.linuxtools.changelog.parsers.java has a dependency on jdt.core and jdt.ui, so these plug-ins are included in the EPP package, but the rest of JDT is not.

Arguably, it's a bug for there to be a plug-in dependency without a corresponding feature dependency. But if Linux Tools adds that feature dependency, the Parallel Package will include all of JDT, which I think we don't want.

So... I'll leave it to Beth or whoever to figure out what to do with this... I'm not sure which needs to change: the EPP package or Linux Tools... so I haven't opened any bug reports...

Jeff

Back to the top