[ptp-dev] Docs for new launching mechanisms in Juno SR1

The new launching mechanisms were not documented for most of the resource managers for the Juno release in June.
Most of the docs still refer to creating, configuring and starting a resource manager separately before launching.
As you know, now you specify the "target system configuration" (formerly known as resource manager) right there on the launch configuration dialog (run configurations or debug configurations)

Open MPI has been re-written for the new method.

Most of the info should be very similar and I added a caveat to the still-old versions of the other resource managers.
There are empty slots for some such as  Grid Engine.
Here's the link to the docs page for running parallel programs.
http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.ptp.doc.user%2Fhtml%2F03pRunConfig.html&cp=38_9

Those that don't have a separate doc plug-in, I added slots right within the main ptp doc plug-in.

We need rewrites for
- SLURM
- IBM PE and LoadLeveler
- PBS
- Grid Engine (this one is completely blank now, it was new for Juno)

As a guide, docs get simpler with this approach: all you have to document is what's on the specific tab(s) for that res manager.
See the page for OpenMPI as an example. The text for the general "Running Parallel Programs" has a
"Step 2: Complete the Resources Tab" section with a link to all the specific res managers. we just need a page with a few screen shots on how to fill out what's specific about each res manager.
Note that we still support the "legacy launcher" method so keeping the old versions there , e.g. linked at the bottom of the new page, might make sense.

I will be happy to help, suggest, and link up the pages for anyone that can contribute their knowledge of the other resource managers.

THANKS.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Back to the top