Re: [ptp-dev] RMs supporting SDM

Hi Jeff,

Currently, the debugger works with the following JAXB RMs: PBS (interactive), PE, and Open MPI.

These legacy RMs also work: PE,  Open MPI, MPICH2

The issue with the SDM on the Cray is not so much the RM, but how you get the SDM started and attached to each application process. The current approach is to use the 'mpirun' command to launch the sdm server processes, then each of these spawns a gdb which in turn starts the application process. This works because PE, Open MPI, and MPICH2 all use environment variables to pass MPI task information to the spawned application. 	It also assumes that each node can run at least three processes (sdm, gdb, and app). You'll need to check if this model will work with the Cray architecture, and possibly come up with an alternative if not.

Regards,
Greg