Re: [ptp-dev] PATH problems

> replacing the current invocation "/bin/sh -c …command…"
> with "bash --login -c …command…"?

I think I've seen a couple places in PTP that already assume Bash is
installed (IRemoteScript maybe?).  And anything that takes advantages
of Modules/SoftEnv support will have to run in a Bash --login shell
anyway, so this would actually make things more consistent as far as
I'm concerned.

FWIW, on forge.ncsa.illinois.edu, /etc/profile is producing
"/etc/profile: line 88: ulimit: max locked memory: cannot modify
limit: Operation not permitted" every time a login shell is started.
So, my Modules/SoftEnv stuff makes an effort to ignore spurious output
lines, partly in case something like this happens.  I'm not sure if
other parts of PTP will need to do the same...

Jeff

Back to the top