Re: [ptp-dev] Merge policy reminder

If you find that someone else has made a change without merging it, then you have no choice but to do the merge yourself and assume that it is ok.

With all due respect, I really don't like this.  It totally disregards code ownership, it adds an unnecessary burden to the merge procedure, and it's absolutely asking for bugs caused by people modifying code they didn't write and don't fully understand.

If the technical limitations of our merge procedure are forcing us to make bad policy decisions, then there's something wrong with our merge procedure.

(Sorry, I don't have a solution, just an opinion...)

Jeff

Back to the top