Re: [ptp-dev] PTP 5.0.5 near-final build (also Indigo SR2 RC3): please test

I tested on Windows 7 64 bit for both AIX and Power Linux remote systems, none as an extensive test but making sure I could do the following
Create synchronized project
Clean synchronized project
Build synchronized project
Edit source in synchronized project
Rebuild synchronized project
Create JAXB PE resource manager
Start JAXB resource manager
Create run configuration including verify my fix from earlier today
Run application
Verify application could be terminated
Built non-JAXB PE resource manager and SDM
Start non-JAXB resource manager
Run application using non JAXB resource manager
Debug an application using non-JAXB PE resource manager Linux only
Step thru code some tasks together others singly
Set breakpoint and ensure debugger stopped at breakpoint
Looked at some variables on different tasks
Run MPI artifacts on single source file
Run MPI barrier analysis on a single siource file
Try MPI function code completion

Everything seemed to work in this sniff test except
1) If I tried to suspend one or more tasks in the debugger the entire application terminated
2) The same MPI code completion bug I reported, MPI_Send( becomes MMPI_Send is still there
Dave

[ptp-dev] PTP 5.0.5 near-final build (also Indigo SR2 RC3): please        test

Beth Tibbitts to: ptp-dev
02/07/2012 05:01 PM

Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Please respond to Parallel Tools Platform general developers

Our PTP RC3 build for Indigo SR2 was (is?) today, available at
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/builds/5.0.5/index.html

(In fact I just noticed a build later than the one I'm testing.... things are moving fast!)
.. so just take the top one on that list :-)

I'm testing installations, esp. installing on top of former installs from this update site archive.

For the first time I've been able to update twice, without installation errors, *AND* I didn't have to uncheck Fortran Intel feature (on my non-linux-intel Mac)
I will continue to test...

Please everyone else do some testing on your platform, on some various features.

Tomorrow will be the aggregation build assembling the big Indigo update site,
and then Thursday they should build the packages.

This is our next-to-last chance.   Next week should be our final 5.0.5, *and* the final package and Indigo SR2 build.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform
http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511