Re: [ptp-dev] Merge policy reminder

I think it would help if there were a recipe for what the steps are on the wiki, using EGit.  What to do, and what you should see at each step.
In the Merging section on the wiki page: http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/environment_setup/git#Merging -- which outlines this policy -- it doesn't make sense to me. It has alot of assumptions of things I still don't feel
comfortable with.  It's at too high of a level.

I still don't have a command line git for my Mac, either, so some of those steps I still can't do.

The things I have figured out how to do with git, I've tried to add an example to the wiki page.

And I don't have this problem at the current time, but I have in the past: I don't understand why I can make changes that should go in cleanly,
but it causes a merge conflict on something unrelated.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Greg Watson ---02/07/2012 01:50:48 PM---I'd like to remind everyone that every time you commit somethGreg Watson ---02/07/2012 01:50:48 PM---I'd like to remind everyone that every time you commit something to ptp_5_0 you need to take some ac

Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

02/07/2012 01:50 PM

[ptp-dev] Merge policy reminder

    Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I'd like to remind everyone that every time you commit something to ptp_5_0 you need to take some action to either merge or reject the changes on the master branch. If you don't do this, then the next poor sucker (usually me) has to try and resolve all the merge conflicts that are created.

Thanks!

Greg