[ptp-dev] Juno+1 is named .... Kepler

Kepler  has been voted as the name of the new Eclipse release for June 2013.

I'm glad, because that is the only one of the names in the running that I think most people could spell correctly.
(See links below for information on mathematician and astronomer Johannes Kepler, and the poll with the names that were considered.)

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

----- Forwarded by Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM on 02/01/2012 04:12 PM -----

Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx>

Cross project issues <cross-project-issues-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

eclipse.org-committers@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/01/2012 04:05 PM

[cross-project-issues-dev] Kepler

    Sent by:

cross-project-issues-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

On behalf of the Eclipse Planning Council and for broader awareness...

After taking input from the community [1] and some deliberation, the
council finalized the name to be Kepler [2].

Thanks for those who participated and the EMO for a fast turnaround.

[1] -
http://eclipse.org/juno/planning/poll2013.php
[2] -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johannes_Kepler