Re: [ptp-dev] Null pointer exception in ToolLaunchManager.launch with PTP 5.0.4 version

Wyatt
I had selected HPC Toolkit from the dropdown on the performance analysis tab. I'm thinking some changes made between the PTP 5.0.3 and PTP 5.0.4 levels may have caused this since I was able to run at the 5.0.3 level for some demos and now can't run at PTP 5.0.4.
Dave

From:        Wyatt Spear <wspear@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        01/16/2012 02:35 PM
Subject:        Re: [ptp-dev] Null pointer exception in ToolLaunchManager.launch with PTP 5.0.4 version
Sent by:        ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I haven't run in to this before.  I will be able to start tracking this down tomorrow morning.  What is selected in the tool drop-down box on the Performance Analysis tab?  If you aren't trying to run with TAU it shouldn't be touching on TAU-specific code at all.  I made some changes to the ETFw API back before SC11.  Have you used it successfully since then?

=Wyatt