[ptp-dev] Null pointer exception in ToolLaunchManager.launch with PTP 5.0.4 version

I'm getting the following null pointer exception when I try to run a HPC Toolkit profiling run using the profile configuration dialog

The first time I click Profile in the profile configuration dialog I get a null pointer exception in TAUAnalysisTab.performApply as noted in my prior email and the profile configuration dialog does not close. I click Profile again and get the null pointer exception below. This null pointer exception is because pproc is null. pproc is set  afew lines above, where the configuration prameter passed to the method looks odd because the fName variable is set to the name of the project but the fContainer variable is null.

If I try to run the profile configuration dialog again, I get the null pointer exception in TAUAnalysisTab.performApply again,but when I click Profile again the application runs, although the classes I have registered to the extension org.eclipse.ptp.etfw.dataManagers don't seem to be invoked.

Subsequent attempts to run the profile configuration dialog allternate between the null pointer exception and the behavior in the preceding paragraph.

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.eclipse.ptp.etfw.internal.ToolLaunchManager.launch(ToolLaunchManager.java:96)
        at org.eclipse.ptp.etfw.parallel.ParallelToolLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch(ParallelToolLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:98)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:854)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:703)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:928)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1132)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Dave

Back to the top