Re: [ptp-dev] Trouble adding a new ptp project to the git repo

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Beth Tibbitts <tibbitts@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Do you have a .project file in the "/Users/beth/git/org.eclipse.ptp-master" folder?
Yes I do, it's from the root project to get the pom.xml file for the master build...
Maybe I have to delete it in order to make git create those projects for me, then check it out again... argh.  I think it's going to confuse git.  Me too. :)
Will try tomorrow or later.

Maybe I misunderstood what org.eclipse.ptp-master is. I was assuming that you use that for ssh://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/ptp/org.eclipse.ptp.git master branch.
Are you or is this the ssh://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/ptp/org.eclipse.ptp.master.git repository?

If it is the master branch of the main repository than I don't think that should have a .project file.
If it is the ptp.master repository than I think you selected the wrong repository. Because you probably wanted to add it to the main repository not the ptp.master repository.

Roland

Thanks.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Roland Schulz ---12/20/2011 07:17:07 PM---Hi, for me this works.Roland Schulz ---12/20/2011 07:17:07 PM---Hi, for me this works.

Roland Schulz <roland@xxxxxxx>

Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

12/20/2011 07:17 PM

Re: [ptp-dev] Trouble adding a new ptp project to the git repo

    Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

for me this works.

Did you check that these target locations don't already exist? Maybe you tried it before?
Do you have a .project file in the "/Users/beth/git/org.eclipse.ptp-master" folder? If so I think you should delete that because it shouldn't be there.

Roland

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 4:51 PM, Beth Tibbitts <tibbitts@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    OK this is my first experience adding new projects to git.
    When I select the two new projects and do Team>Share Project... I select my git repo (same one the rest of this ws uses)
    but it says "Configure Git Repository ...  Can not move project org.eclipse.ptp.pldt.openacc to target location /Users/beth/git/org.eclipse.ptp-master/org.eclipse.ptp.pldt.openacc, as this location overlaps with location /Users/beth/git/org.eclipse.ptp-master, which contains a .project file

    Here is the screenshot of the error, if it helps

    I selected browse for "Path with repository" and selected the location where the rest of pldt sits.  This didn't change the error.

--
ORNL/UT Center for Molecular Biophysics
cmb.ornl.gov

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309