Re: [ptp-dev] Git and patches

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Beth Tibbitts <tibbitts@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Can somebody (Roland?) update the wiki page give a preferred procedure to putting a commit in multiple branches?
I have read  the emails over the last couple of weeks but recent formatting changes(??) make it hard to tell questions from answers, and some of them are very terse.
I think I'm more confused than what I was at the start.
I am not accustomed to the command-line Git so would like procedures based on eGit/Eclipse UI.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/environment_setup/git
Includes some topics and answers. the answers are very brief and there was much much more discussion here on the mailing list where i think suggested procedures now differ from what's on the wiki page.

I updated it a bit. I don't think we do anything different from most others using GIT. So I'm not sure how helpful it is to write a new documentation. So I would prefer to keep it mostly on the mailing list: helping with questions. For reading up a full tutorial I would think an existing tutorial is better. Having said that, I'm happy to add more if you let me know what you think would be helpful.

Roland

Roland

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Roland Schulz ---11/30/2011 01:35:01 PM---On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Jeffrey Overbey <jeffreyovRoland Schulz ---11/30/2011 01:35:01 PM---On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Jeffrey Overbey <jeffreyoverbey@xxxxxxx>wrote: >  Git continues to

Roland Schulz <roland@xxxxxxx>

11/30/2011 01:35 PM

Re: [ptp-dev] Git and patches

    Sent by: