[ptp-dev] CDT error parsers for Cray, PGI compilers

This is probably a question for Doug and Greg.

I wrote error parsers for the C/C++ and Fortran compilers from Cray and the Portland Group.  For the time being, a single error parser recognizes errors from both the C/C++ and Fortran compilers since the error message formats are almost identical, although I could easily split them into separate C/C++ and Fortran error parsers if necessary.

Obviously, it makes sense to include the Fortran compiler error parsers in Photran.  I'm not sure what to do with the C/C++ error parsers.  I think there are 3 options.

  1. Put the combined C/C++-and-Fortran error parsers into Photran.  I could name them, e.g., "Photran Error Parser for Cray Compilers."  However, having to install Photran to get an error parser for your Cray C/C++ compiler is weird.
  2. I could contribute the C/C++ error parsers to CDT.  I'm not sure CDT would want them, though... AFAIK, the base CDT installation only contains error parsers for the GNU toolchains and Visual C++.
  3. The C/C++ error parsers could be provided by PTP, since AFAIK those compilers are mainly used in HPC.

What are your thoughts?

Jeff

Back to the top