[ptp-dev] Git questions

My Model from previously referenced diagram:
  workspace -->index-->local repository --> remote repository
All this is on my local machine except for the remote repo which is at git.eclipse.org

1. I 'commit' to move a file from workspace to local repo.
    So the file decorator ">" in project explorer goes away.
    How do I know what i still need to "push" to finish what I'm used to doing with a CVS commit?
    Is there a way to know what pending stuff needs to do up to remote repo?

2. Then how do you do the 'push' ? on the whole project?  Team -> Push To Upstream?

3. What is customary/easiest way to update everything in the workspace?
    Select all projects and do Team -> Pull?

4. How do i 'synchronize' a container e.g. a project?
    In CVS that showed me how my files differed from what was on the remote repo.
    That showed me what i had changed, what changed on the remote repo, and let me do diffs on selected files.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Back to the top