Re: [ptp-dev] rdt dependency on xlc

There shouldn't be any dependency on XLC org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.managedbuilder.xlc.ui in the remotejars plugin.

Regards,

Vivian Kong
IBM Eclipse CDT
IBM Canada Toronto Lab

Inactive hide details for Chris Recoskie---02/24/2011 11:06:27 PM---Doesn't make sense to me either.  In fact, none of the depeChris Recoskie---02/24/2011 11:06:27 PM---Doesn't make sense to me either. In fact, none of the dependencies in there are really needed as fa

Chris Recoskie/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA

02/24/2011 11:06 PM

Re: [ptp-dev] rdt dependency on xlc

Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Doesn't make sense to me either. In fact, none of the dependencies in there are really needed as far as I can tell. You might argue that the ones on the rest of RDT ensure that when you build the jardesc files, they can find the java files to build, but that's it really, and even still, RDT doesn't put any managed build stuff into the server jar that I know of.

I'd like to hear from Vivian before we remove it just in case there's something I don't know about.

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for Greg Watson ---02/24/2011 04:52:49 PM---I'm not sure. Chris/Vivian, is there any need for this dependGreg Watson ---02/24/2011 04:52:49 PM---I'm not sure. Chris/Vivian, is there any need for this dependency? Greg

Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

02/24/2011 04:52 PM