Re: [ptp-dev] SCI contribution

Jay,

I'd say it provides a subset of MRnet functionality, but is written in C, so avoids messy C++ dependencies. It's also a subset of STCI, but is available, works, and is supported.

There is an effort underway to develop a common API for this type of infrastructure, and SCI could provide the basis for one implementation. It seems to me that having multiple implementations is probably a good thing. Also, if it's part of PTP then we have more control over ensuring that it meets our requirements, as well as being able to distribute it as part of a PTP installation (which we couldn't do for MRnet or STCI).

Cheers,
Greg