From: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Greg Watson
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 3:16 PM
To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers
Subject: [ptp-dev] SCI contribution

Hi all,

IBM is interested in contributing some communication infrastructure
software (called "SCI") that could be used by PTP for scalable
communication on large clusters of distributed processors. One component
of PTP that would immediately benefit from this is the parallel debugger,
which could use the infrastructure to scale to much larger systems than it
does currently, and is something that has been in need of improvement for
some time (i.e. on my "wish list"). SCI is pure C code, and would replace
a significant portion of the SDM, which is also written in C. There may be
other components of PTP that could also benefit from this code, such as
for performance analysis or other kinds of data collection.

I'm interested in feedback from the PTP community as to whether this
contribution would be useful and appropriate for the PTP project.

Thanks,
ptp-dev mailing list
ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx