Re: [ptp-dev] Additional pre-defined service in PTP

Hi Dave,

I was thinking that the profile service would be used for that. We can rename it if you like.

Greg

On Sep 30, 2009, at 9:27 AM, Dave Wootton wrote:

Greg
I've defined a performance analysis service that a plugin I am working on
would be part of. Currently, the definition of the service is in my
plugin, and then I register my plugin using the service provider and
service contributor extensions under that service.

I'm thinking that this new service should be a predefined service in PTP, similar to the launch, debug and profile services so that anyone else who wants to implement plugins can register then under that service without
requiring my plugin.

If this sounds reasonable, I can add the new service definition to
org.eclipse.ptp.core
Dave